Daisy’s latest extraordinary woman, Karen, talks about how keto and IF have helped her resolve her binge eating issues and obesity, and maintain a healthy weight for nearly 6 years.
Karen lives in Carlsbad California with her teenage daughter and two tortoiseshell cats. She is a Clinical Laboratory Scientist and, when she’s not commuting and cooking her own food she likes to practice her photography and also enjoys coastal walking and beach combing.
She was obese or yo-yo dieting from the age of 6 to 46. In 2012 Karen combined an abstaining plan with a Paleo food template, progressing to low-carb and finally to Keto with time restricted eating. It was that combination where she was able to find a stable weight, normal blood glucose readings, and put binge eating into remission. She was also able to apply her DNA results to real life to take advantage of health insurance discounts and reducing joint pain. She has maintained a normal weight for almost 6 years.
Karen has a non-commercial blog, Twitter, IG, FB page, Google plus and Pinterest
The books Karen mentioned were…
- Refuse to Regain Barbara Berkeley
- The Paleo Solution Robb Wolf
- The Whole 30 Melissa & Dallas Hartwig
- Found my Fitness Rhonda Patrick
- The Hunger Fix Pamela Peeke
- Food Junkies Vera Tarman & Philip Werdell
- The Circadian Code Dr Satchidananda Panda (pre-order)
- Time-Restricted Eating in Humans and Breast Cancer Rhonda Patrick with Ruth Patterson
- Time-Restricted Feeding and its Effects on Obesity Rhonda Patrick with Dr Satchidananda Panda
This week’s end quote was from Gretchen Rubin –
Never start a sentence with the words “No offence”.